Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How-To: Rings from Lamp Chain


I felt strongly that this book needed to be bound with rings, like the Golden Plates, but didn't want to use office-type rings. I am so glad I made this decision because people seem much more intrigued by this book bound with rings than if it looked like an ordinary book. And turning the pages feels more like plates and makes me think about Joseph Smith and all the Lord's servants who had a hand in bringing us the Book of Mormon.

With encouragement from a creative friend, I finally came up with the idea of using lamp chain. A "Swag kit" from Home Depot for $12.00 was the best-looking and most cost-effective solution. I chose Antique Brass and it came with 15 feet of chain which I think was enough for about 50 books. You can probably find this cheaper online at a lamp parts supply site.

No comments:

Post a Comment